vendredi 28 mars 2014

Porting ST2 app to Windows 8

Hello all,



I have an ST2 app which works wonderfully in Chrome/Desktop, iOS & Android and I am now trying to port it to Windows 8.1 to turn into a native "metro" app. FWIW, the app also runs fine in IE 10/11.



I had to do a few minor modifications to get it to "sort of" running in Win8.1/Visual Studio 2013. The app works but there are severe rendering issue:

- A lot of the CSS doesn't seem to be honoured, even tho I know 100% it is at least being loaded. For example, button colors, icons like home, settings, info simply don't show up, just the label.

- I am using a nested list and it doesn't paint itself until I do a quick scroll flick...

- A part of the UI which is normally docked to the bottom is being rendered "off screen" - when I navigate the DOM I can see they are there but are below the viewport.



My questions are as follows:

- as anyone attempted such a port ? Success/failure/tips ?

- where would I start looking to resolve the CSS issues ?

- any idea why some chunks of the UI would be rendered outside the viewport ?



I am not getting any errors in the VS javascript console...



Again, the puzzling thing is that the app otherwise work flawlessly in IE11 on the desktop.



Thanks




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire